Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Carpet

Last week we got new carpeting to wow the people coming to our open house. Which would have, if anybody had come. I LOVE this carpet. It is the cheapest one out there, nothing fancy, but it is CLEAN. And free of spots. And doesn't smell like a dog!! So to keep it dog-smelly free, I put down one of the extra pieces of carpeting for her to lay on. She loves laying on things. If there is anything on the floor - pillow, blanket, dirty clothes - you can find her laying on it. She is a big lab, and she tries to curl up on something the size of a wash cloth. I thought I was being so nice to give her her own piece of carpet. She refuses to lay on it. Absolutly refuses. She would rather lay outside the frontroom, on the wooden dining room floor, than comply with me. Who knew a dog could be so rebelious.
One bad thing about our new carpet is that it is very fuzzy. My daughter's hair is always full of carpet fibers. And it is hard to comb those out of long hair. My hubby spent an hour taking apart our vacuum because the hoses were clogged with carpet fuzz. There was so much fuzz in there we could have carpeted our bedroom. But, it's worth it to be able to lay on my carpet.

2 comments:

Dy said...

AH-ha! I found you! I got your message that you'd be blogging here, but could not, for the life of me, find a link to this one from your old one... and yes, it's taken me, what, a month? to figure out that by clicking on your name in my comments section, I could get here. Can I claim preggo brain on this one? Pretty please?

Ok, off to get caught up!
Dy

Dy said...

Hmpf. Well, that didn't take long. ;-) I'm so sorry the open house didn't work out. I missed a lot somewhere, though - had you set a deadline for the move? How are you holding up? Is this a permanent stay, or a long-term temporary stay? Or am I just asking waaayyyy too many questions and being really nosey? Well, I've missed you! (You need to blog just a "little" more. You know, and get us all caught up.)

{{hugs}}
Dy